Tuesday, April 8, 2014

no chain no gain

You know what I realize? I talk A LOT. I know so many bloggers who post photos of their outfits with a simple sentence acknowledging their readers, then call it a day. I envy that kind of casual lack of pressure to impress. But I don't relate to it at all. I feel like my voice, my idiosyncratic self-deprecation and anxiety about what my outfit means, personifies and redeems this blog. Redemption is a huge part of my life. I know it's not healthy to feel like you constantly have to prove that you're worth paying attention to... but that's part of my whole persona. I'm neurotic, I'm concerned you won't like me, I'm nervous that my outfit isn't good enough to blog about unaccompanied by frivolous text. And if you dislike those things or find my unnecessary commentary annoying... well. Can't say I didn't expect that reaction. I'm used to people thinking I'm 'too much' and named my blog accordingly. But I really really really hope that most people who visit my blog appreciate the effort I put into winning over their interest. Blogging is not about accruing fans, it's about earning friends. And I don't actually revel in being the subject of hatred.

Or maybe you hate me for other reasons... like the fact that I'm wearing a Raiders jersey (waddup Oakland). Can't apologize for that either. West Coast solidarity y'all.




Secondhand jersey, Yes Style mesh undershirt, Dailylook skirt, secondhand boots

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

14 comments:

  1. My experience tells me that no one reads texts, they just look at the pictures.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the text parts are the best parts of your blog. They're very insightful and well written. That said, I really enjoy your outfits as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is actually the best, I bloody love your blog <3

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't need words to validate itself, but adding them has to clear up any possible doubt you're only another fashion blogger who knows how to get gawked at in the street. Avy's theory needs a rethink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never get enough of you and your amazing fashion sense!

    IPIHIPPIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. looove it! :D

    xoxo

    http://www.tastemycloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about writing a lot here. FBTH is one of the blogs I actually lose my time reading because is not the type that just post a lot of high quality photos and talk about what you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admit that I don't always read your texts, but this time yes, and I think you don't have to feel pressure for dress in your style, for me, you can dress the way you like if you feel comfy with this, and don't care about the others opinion, because you can like to everybody at the same time ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make sure I read the text every time because I think you're brilliant. Have a bit more confidence in yourself :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer blogs that write a lot to blogs that don't especially what you write. A blog is personal and should be about expression and yours definitely is. Love that jersey <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually prefer when bloggers write something to accompany the pictures/outfits. Those one-liners leave me wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You write beautifully, it's refreshing. I think you give yourself too much of a hard time. Everyone needs a creative outlet. If people don't want to read your shit, they're under no obligation to, but you evidently impress people already or no one would visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep speaking your mind Bebe! Only your real followers understand you.
    Love this look actually.

    I have a similar skirt in my shop >https://www.etsy.com/listing/186445918/

    ReplyDelete
  14. start writing for rookie mag.

    ReplyDelete