Wednesday, November 27, 2013

ON YOUR MARK

I remember way back in the day when "racing" was just emerging as a trend in fast fashion. Performers, stylists, icons making an appearance, anyone relevant in the process of establishing that they were 'leading' in the race to disseminate a trend, started branding with motifs that suggested competition, sport, and acceleration. Racing checks are one of those printed details. Since 2012, I've been collecting checkered garments -- a Chevrolet brand snapback, a Dupont NASCAR jacket, a sponsored Budweiser coat, a Fox BMX jersey, the list (and race) goes on. The top I'm wearing here is borderline costume -- made of an elastic, lycra/polyester/spandex hybrid -- and looks perfectly fitting for a racetrack with its sporty zipper feature. But it's no costume, and I'm dead serious about thinking it's acceptable to leave the house wearing athletic shorts and heels AFTER Halloween. I glammed up the look to elevate the racing aesthetic from "southern speedway" to "streetwear starlet." Function and fashion don't have to be at odds - they can and do work in tandem. 



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Beanie - Gifted
Clubmaster Sunglasses - Zero UV
Rhinestone cuff necklace / Checkered cut-out top - ROMWE
Baseball shorts - American Apparel
Fosana Leather Block Heel sandals - MISSGUIDED

I'm wearing a new pair of clubmaster sunglasses from Zero UV, a necklace and top from Romwe, and reflective silver heels from a UK retailer called Missguided! I've found some of the best staple items in my present wardrobe on Missguided - a leather top and matching sweatpants, a leatherette jacket with Versace printed sleeves, a 90s inspired knit sweater, and plenty of killer heels... can't wait to debut the rest of my collection here. ^_^

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

14 comments:

  1. Perfect shoes! <3 and amazing apperal

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeousssss outfit, you look amazing! How are you? Havent seen you in ages hope every thing is ok <3

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool that you are collecting checkered items :) I think that race is never going to be over :)

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that you are collecting checkered items :) I think that race is never going to be over :)

    Elegant Formfitting Bandage Dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveee this look, and omg your legs are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing - I love the checkered cut out top!!

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I seriously tweeted about wanting to use athletic shorts as more than athletic shorts two months ago!!
    https://twitter.com/lalalacia/status/382689938904326144

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this look !
    http://madzcloset.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A M A Z I N G BLOG! & Love This outfit!!
    Keep it up! i love reading it!

    http://hpdays.blogspot.co.uk/
    follow my new blog back, let me know what you think! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of exclusive content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd certainly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete