Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'LL TRY ANYTHING ONCE

American Eagle's iconic motto "live your life" reminded me of another motto The Strokes introduced me to back in the days of my adolescent wonder years. "I'll try anything once" is a fitting title for a YOLO outfit because the underlying sartorial theme of it all is calculated carelessness. I'm in my spankin' new hidden wedges and ready to walk whatever distance it takes to get to the coolest destination. My baseball tee is classic and comfortable, an American Eagle staple style. It pairs well with athletic shorts fastened from faux-leather and a snapback that affords the look a throwback nonchalance signature to grunge icons from an era that defined our youth. I tossed my plaid robe over the outfit to tie in the gray tones. I may not care about consequences, but I do value a bit of cohesiveness in my color scheme... all gray, all day. CHILLNESS. TRY IT. ONCE.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Snapback - YES STYLE
Circle sunnies - ROMWE
Chain necklace - Forever 21
Baseball tee - AMERICAN EAGLE
Gray robe - YES STYLE
Leatherette shorts - ROMWE
Hidden wedges - AMERICAN EAGLE

I put together this outfit for the Lookbook x AMERICAN EAGLE collab. Before selecting my garments from the online inventory, I watched a few of the vids about the models' lifestyle brands. I was inspired by their fearlessness and fervor. Their thirst for adventure was only matched by their indifference to the risk of losing it all. I tried to channel that BRING IT ON vibe with mellow tones, a sporty silhouette, and a diet coke on the go. Life's too short to dwell on the details. Thanks a mill, Lookbook, for offering me another opportunity to collab with a timeless brand. LIVE YA LIFE!


P.S. ROMWE is launching their official BLACK FRIDAY sale today! 70% off over 3,000 items from now until November 26th. Click the banner below and join me for a week of shopping sales in the spirit of the season! :)




Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

17 comments:

  1. love the leather shorts and snapback! and i love the colour scheme too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you wear the hi tops ;)

    rightrough.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of aesthetics being re-appropriated, how about all of the shitty knock offs you try to pass of as real on this blog? The reflective plastic, fake leather of your 'designer' bags are almost as hilarious as the stitching on your 'Chanel resort coat'. You're just as cheap & fake as the people you hate on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW THIS IS JUST REALLY EMBARRASSING FOR YOU. Reflective plastic... all plastic is artificial. Fake leather of designer bags... all my bags are purchased in store and come with labels of authenticity. I also have receipts from the stores (Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Net-a-porter, Saks Fifth Avenue, and the actual designer stores at luxury shopping districts on the Strip) to back up my claims. Now my coat is fake, too? Tell it to the Chanel sales rep who sold it to me off a hanger IN STORE at the Bellagio. You think you're insulting me, but in reality you're just making a fool out of yourself by pretending to know how to spot a fake. You're accusing authentic items of being knock-offs, which means you have obviously never seen a genuine. P.S. There is nothing wrong with being "cheap." Unlike you, I'm not a classist asshole who think they're better than people who can't afford designer items. The only people I hate in this world are pretentious pricks like you who make false accusations to frame perfectly honest people who've probably burned you in the past (you probably deserved it). Take your wannabe bourgeois pinky out of the air and shove it up your ass.

      Delete
  4. Well you are just too cool.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great necklace and sneakers!
    stunning :)

    sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look!

    http://polinique.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/stairways-boy.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great style
    i love your shoes
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Just looks so comfy and cool! The blacks and greys are nice too, im really getting into blacks and greys atm :)

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kill me now. BEST EVER

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome look, love!!! Come visit my blog sometime :)

    xo Emma
    www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete