Monday, October 15, 2012

CITRUS TART

Got both visually and lyrically inspired by the song "Tutti Frutti" after ten too many sessions of sitting in my local 1950s themed McDonalds and absorbing their old-school music playlist. You know how that is. They play Little Richard so often that I've sort of developed a conditioned response to the first few piano chords of "Good Golly Miss Molly." You sure like to ball -- *torrential drool pours out of mouth in anticipation of french fries* oh but there are no fries because actually I'm at home listening to my iPod. Stupid BRAIN TRICKS. Anyway. Outfit. 1955. Kinda tarty. A little bit pin-up. And I'm into it. 50s straight down to the mary jane pumps, but with pastiche vintage accents, like my floral 70s crop top and mod 60s sunnies. Shout outs to O-MIGHTY, a brand that has recently garnered HUGE attention among Lookbookers for offering a deliriously good variety of modern, wholesale apparel and hand-picked vintage, for hooking me up with this fruit print circle skirt. It's my favorite cut and comes in fluorescent colors. Down to rock n' roll in it.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Sunglasses - Romwe
Floral crop top - Vintage (Buffalo Exchange)
Fruit skirt - O-MIGHTY (seriously, this is such an insanely cool site that I would actually be pissed off if I found out that you DIDN'T look at it after finishing ur read.)
Coral pumps - YES STYLE
Bag - Mulberry look-a-like

This might be the last spring/summery look you see from me in a while. It's getting a bit COLD here in Vegas and I'm finna wear my circle scarf and mittens pretty soon. Zero tolerance for the chills. Would much rather be insulated by the heat of a deep fry oil vat in Micky D's. Don't care how much classic rock n' roll I have to put up with... the Dollar Menu makes all suffering worth it. But that's irrelevant anyway because I actually like Little Richard. And I think his funky voice pairs well with a hamburger.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

27 comments:

  1. you're adorable bebe, i adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your absolutely brilliant! One of my favourite blogs...

    Thumbelinalillie.blogspot.co.uk

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so diferent, but cool !!
    i love your shoes, are so perfect!

    http://brummelandme.blogspot.pt/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a colorful outfit and I love the skirt.you`re so eyecatching in this outfit :)

    www.rambutan18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude i wish my brain didn't have a continuous inspiration/creativity block. i wish i could live inside your head.

    xx Nora

    http://signorina-k.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice outfit ;)

    http://borakalina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great Mulberry knock off! This is the kind of look I couldn't pull off in a million years, but you look awesome - the skirt is super cute! x

    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW the top and skirt look great together! I love the pants you're rocking, too :)
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, love the burst of colour on you, carry it so well darling x

    Eda ♥

    Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

    @BloggerEda

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!
    LOVE <3

    www.dreamingofmanderley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, more and more perfect everytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors!

    Http://LOLitsMelda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This reminds me of Lisa Frank stationery meets D&G. Incredible.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so bright! but yes, it'd be great if you posted some fall weather-appropriate looks since it's getting quite cold where i live and it'd be AWESOME if i could get some inspiration! =D

    http://quirkyaesthetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need those shades

    --


    Shanicexoxo.info recently posted… Cute Ghost Inspired Halloween Nails

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fruit skirt and the coral pink shoes! I get why people love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. UM I think I had that top in the 3rd grade...shouldaaaaaaaaaaa kept it! Hot shit Bebe.

    xo
    Emily Jenny
    Stilettobeats.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Definitely wish i had your wardrobe, this is amazing! x x

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a fantastic outfit!!! I love it. You should make a fall themed outfit or, like, one for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous outfit you look stunning! THat top and skirt totally rule, the shoes are gorgeous aswell!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love love this outfit!! It's so delicious and yummy and fun!! It just makes me smile, and thats what fashion is all about:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice funny dressing it is but good for modern era fashion lovers because if you dress like that it looks so unique thanks dude for the idea of yours.

    wholesale apparel

    ReplyDelete